Coronavirus update and impact to CYC Operations: King County has encouraged event organizers to “avoid bringing large groups of people together if feasible”. Consistent with the ask and in the best interest of our members, staff, and the community, the CYC Executive Team has agreed to make a few changes to events at the clubhouse in the near future.
The clubhouse will continue to be open to our members, albeit our staff will be working remotely in the short run. We ask that if you are not feeling well or even suspect you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus to please avoid the clubhouse.
All events through March 26th have been canceled. (EXCEPT the Cruising Social 3/12.) Cancellations include:
- Friday (3/13) Southern Straits Talk
- Saturday-Sunday (3/14 - 3/15) Port Blakely Raft-Up (Event coordinator Peggy Watt is leaving it to your discretion whether or not to travel to Port Blakely, but she will not be hosting a potluck or gathering on her boat)
- Monday (3/16) Monday Lunch
- Wednesday (3/18) New Member Orientation
- Thursday (3/19) Women's Third Thursday
- Friday (3/20) Coast Guard Presentation
- Saturday (3/21) Scatchet Head post-race party (racing is still ON)
- Monday (3/23) Monday Lunch
The Second Thursday Cruising Social Potluck on March 12 is ON and will take place as scheduled.
Please help by cascading this information to others who are planning to participate in these events. As the situation continues to unfold and we get further guidance from public health officials we will update you on the club’s operations.