2017: A New Year.
Dear Corinthian Sailors,
We had a great year in 2016 largely due to the leadership of outgoing Commodore Jerry Diercks. The club grew to more than 650 memberships. Our financial condition continued to improve. We put on more races than any other yacht club in the US. Our Cruising Program became year-round. Our Youth Program trained over 100 youngsters to sail. Our off the water programs also grew to meet the desires of our members. My sincere thanks go out to Jerry and all the wonderful volunteers and employees that made these and all the other things happen for CYC
With a natural love of the water and sailing, we will continue in 2017 to build on our 72-year history. Areas of emphasis will be:
- Membership – sharing our community and lifestyle with more people and having their inclusion reflect positively on our extended family. Our goal is to continue adding 5 to 10 members every month – to reach at least 725 by this time next year.\
- Racing – continue to be the region’s preeminent club for racing. We will be hosting the J-24 National Championship in May.
- Cruising – visiting and discovering more places.
- Junior Program – expanding opportunities by getting two-person boats, while keeping the one-person Opti’s as the primary focus for youth instruction and competition.
- Education – continuing the lecture series, racing instructions and seminars as our mainstay.
- Social – choosing to gather together doing what you want – by providing a platform for you to do things with and for each other. See this month’s calendar attached.
All of the above will be accomplished by our amazing volunteers. I ask that more of you say “YES” when asked in the future to work side-by-side with those who say yes every time.
I am excited about our current state of affairs, the events planned for this coming year, and the opportunity to be working with the dedicated and talented members who serve us as officers and directors on our Board, as well as the pleasure of working with our dedicated and supportive employees.
I am committed to continually improving your CYC experiences and look forward to meeting more of you in 2017. See you around the club and on the water,